Sep 20, 2012

Firefly

I have mixed feelings today, the day of the 10th aniversary of the first airing date of the cult-series, Firefly. We can be thankful for the FOX to ordering and sharing with us this great adventure. I liked almost every moment of the Firefly. But shame on you FOX for mixing the order of the show and after the dropping rates cancelling our entertainment!

I wasn't a big series-follower that time when I saw this one first. I was just a casual tv-viewer, who somedays watch a show or two. But the Firefly (and the Prison Break) was a real breakthrough... I became an addict for series. Most for the science fiction shows of course.

It wasn't an easy case, because I infected my wife as well. First she was unwilling to watch with me the first minutes but after she joined to me, and wanted to start over again. And after an episode she wanted to see another episode. It was crazy! We watched the whole season in a week. But after the last episode and the Serenity movie we both felt a big emptyness and a slight disappointment. We didn't want tbis end...

We wanted get back Mal, Jayne, Inara, Kaylee, River and the others back. The Firefly was a real milestone in our (my wife and me) relationship. We felt love into the sci-fi and/or sci-fantasy series, and our big journey continued with the Stargate, Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica and other shows as well. But this is another story to tell...

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me

Take me out to the black
Tell 'em I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me

There's no place I can be
Since I found serenity
But you can't take the sky from me

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Best show ever. Shame on you, FOX.
I've watched every episode at least ten times now and own both the series and Serenity on DVD. Can't believe it's been ten years since the series aired.

Allison said...

Love this show. So sad it got canceled. I also own it and Serenity on DVD, and rewatch them a lot. At least they weren't able to ruin it with too many seasons.

Allison (Geek Banter)

Gina Gao said...

This is one of the few shows that I actually enjoyed watching. I'm so mad that the show got cancelled.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com